Church of Santa Maria da Misericórdia

This church is located at the town center overlooking at Praça Infante D. Henrique. Although it was built in 1498, due to the 1755 earthquake and the 1859 fire and the 1969 earthquake it had to be restored and rebuilt several times – just like most churches in this area.

The entry consists of a renaissance door. The interior of the church is centered to an altarpiece made in the second half of the 18th century, the symmetrical facade is supported by two bell towers. The ceiling is wooden hand craft.